• Home
  • About Me
  • Why I Blog
  • Mama Reworks It!
  • From Alabama to Alaska - The Highlights

Search this Blog

Holding the World in a Paper Cup

Slider

  • PicMonkey Collage" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage mnkjhbkjb" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage 412" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage closer" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage d0g" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage 85" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage fishss" width="960" height="355" alt="PicMonkey Collage 85" />" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage jbkjb" width="960" height="355" alt="PicMonkey Collage 85" />" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage jbkjhb" width="960" height="355" alt="PicMonkey Collage 85" />" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage mbkh" width="960" height="355" alt="PicMonkey Collage 85" />" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage mess" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage 212" width="960" height="355" alt="PicMonkey Collage 85" />" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage 25641" width="960" height="355" alt="PicMonkey Collage 85" />" width="500" height="185" alt="PicMonkey Collage" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />
  • PicMonkey Collage 4" />" width="500" height="214" alt="ccb" />" />

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Mathews Christmas Parade


Chuck and Paul had this idea. 
They were going to be in the Mathews Christmas Parade. 
And they were going to do it while riding their lawnmowers. 
And their lawnmowers were going to look like giant Christmas presents. 
And they were going to involve as many members of their family as possible.

Chuck said it wouldn't cost ANY money.
Then he went out and bought wood.
And then he asked me to got out and shop for some sort of plastic to wrap it with.
Then he said he'd need some bungee cords. 
I still love 'em though. 
I even kiss him occasionally.
We're sweet. 
Jabber, jabber, jabber
This is how he got in.
I loved that part especially. 
But this, this, GIANT box...with that one head sticking out like that...oh my gosh.
That was funny stuff. 
And when he got to moving, in that GIANT box, with that one head sticking out....
hilarious. 
Paul's box was a more practical size.
He didn't have to worry so much with mowing over any youngsters on the sidewalks.
Still very, clown in a circus, hilarious, to watch.

Charley and Macee were cast as Snow Princesses and set up in a very well built stage in the back of the truck. Their Dads' stapled red tablecloths to it so that they’d look like they were in Santa’s sack full of presents.   

 

The girls helped make their signs. 
Before we left I had a MAJOR photo sesh with Charley. 

This was a dress that Charley's Aunt Phyllis got at $5.00 bag day in Georgia. 
I pinned it up and it fit pretty good. 
Thanks Aunt Phyllis! 

And I know, it seems like this is going to be a not-your-kid-photo OVERLOAD... 

But I think she's great, and hilarious, and beautiful, and fun...

So Imagonna overload you...

Major

She has NO idea she's shooting me a bird. 
I...don't think. 
Wait a minute. 
No, no, she doesn't know. 
My baby is precious.



And here she is waiting on her chariot...



The sweet thing has no idea.... 
She's just trying to keep her dress out of the dirt. 

 The Parade

Practicing their most beautiful faces.

Headgear...check

Goggles...check
If you're gonna drive a present through the Mathews Parade you gotta be tough...I guess. 
Hahahahahahahahaa

And this was the only action shot I got!
Amy and I were in the truck so we couldn't take a lot of photos.
We did however get some video footage....
Chuck's like a prisoner in his box at first. 

Now, they are starting to perform. 

It's such a small town...everyone was yelling "Charley!" "Macee!"
We're starting to blend I think! 

Maybe ya'll didn't catch that but she just said, 
"I bet there was a 6 pack of Schlitz involved in this idea"



6 Comments

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 22, 2012 and is filed under big,Christmas Parade,lawnmowers,mathews,performance,presents,snow princesses,Virginia. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Share on Facebook|Tweet this Post|Pin Images to Pinterest

6 Responses to “Mathews Christmas Parade”

  1. KarlaDecember 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM

    Merry Christmas! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  2. EstraDecember 22, 2012 at 10:33 PM

    Charley is a very lucky little girl!! Great job Chuck and Paul! Charley and Macy were the most beautiful snow princesses every. This will be something that the girls will never forget. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  3. BeccaGDecember 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM

    fine idea! wish i could have seen it live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  4. codastarDecember 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM

    I LOL'd many times in this post.. especially the Charley shooting us a bird comments, the panties, and her getting the shawl wrapped around her head in one of the smaller pics. I am also STILL worried about Chuck's head in this giant present idea. I mean... What if he hit something? Decapitation or WHAT?? Amazing, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HayleyDecember 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

      Haha. I thought it was all quite hilarious myself. When I expressed concern over Chuck's safety with the whole thing, he said the frame was "break away". I am certain he made that up. It was a simple wood frame with plastic so it was ok. The real problem was all the exhaust fumes he was inhaling.

      Delete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. Reply
  5. PhyllisDecember 26, 2012 at 6:38 AM

    That is great stuff! And Charley looks so pretty too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
Add comment
Load more...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


This is my place to document good family times, share thrifty ideas, exercise my brain, and put a bazillion photos. 
WELCOME!
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest RSS
Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media. Powered by Blogger.